UGC Terms and Conditions
About these Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to our use of any words, pictures, images, data, information or any other "user-generated content" (“Content”) that you upload, post or share using third-party websites or platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and Twitter (the “Third-Party Platforms”) and which we use on our website, in other marketing channels or in any Pickleball University owned social media platforms (“Pickleball University Media”).
Our Use of the Content
- From time to time, we, along with our authorized service providers, select Content in Third-Party Platforms that we would like to use in Pickleball University Media.
- The Content selected and used by us will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In order to be a selected participating contributor, you must be aged 16 years or over and have access to a valid and genuine Third-Party Platform account.
- It is not necessary to purchase anything from Pickleball University in order to contribute Content to Pickleball University Media.
- You must respond directly to us within the same chat, thread or by private message using the hashtag “#yespickleballu” in order to release the agreed Content to us.
- By consenting to our use of your Content, you:
- Confirm that the Content is your original creation and not copied from third parties;
- Acknowledge that your Content may appear in Pickleball University Media;
- Grant Pickleball University and its affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual right and license without compensation to use your Content as set out in these terms and conditions;
- Confirm that you have all the rights necessary to allow us to use your Content;
- Confirm that the creation and use of your Content in any Pickleball University Media complies with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Warrant that your Content does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party and that your Content is free from viruses and other malware; and
- Waive any moral rights you may have in your Content, such as any right you may have to be named as the author of the Content or to protect the integrity of your Content.
- You give us your permission for us to redesign, archive, reproduce, disseminate, display, publicly perform and/or replay and make publicly accessible, as well as to cut and edit, adapt and modify your Content or any part of it.
- If your Content is corrupted, inappropriate, illegible or otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions, then we will not accept your Content.
- You agree that you will not receive any payment or other remuneration if we use your Content in any Pickleball University Media.
- To the extent it is permitted by law to do so, we accept no liability for any damage, injury or loss suffered due to our use of your Content.
- We will only use personal information supplied by you for the purposes of posting your Content, unless you provide your consent for us to use your personal information for any other agreed purpose.
- These terms are governed by Kentucky law and any disputes in relation to them are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Kentucky courts.
- If you believe Content on our website infringes your copyrighted material, you must provide written notice (a “Takedown Notice”) to email@example.com
Such Takedown Notice must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the Content on our website that is claimed to be infringing your copyrighted work, and URLs or similar information sufficient to permit the CJMLS to locate that Content on our websites and services;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Pickleball University to contact you, including your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the Content on our website in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.